Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Guest Designer at Technique Time Tuesday!!

Click for the TWISTED TUESDAY CHALLENGE #60 post.

Hey Everyone!

I'm so very stoked to be guest designing for Technique Time Tuesday this Month!  They are an awesome monthly challenge blog with some great inspiration using cool techniques for your creative projects!  Be sure to check 'em out!

October's Technique is called Faux Cloisonne.  I admit I had to look this up as I had no idea what it was.  Turns out I've seen this very often.  I even have one or two such items in my own home.  Here are some examples that may jog your memory as well.
photo credit
photo credit

Cloisonne can be defined as enamelwork in which colored areas are separated by thin metal bands.

Faux Cloisonne can be achieved using gold embossing powder and shiny magazine paper.  Check out a tutorial for this technique here.
Here is what my grey matter came up with!


The results from this technique are pretty stunning.  I was quite impressed...and it's so simple!  


A Layout:

fan and cherry blossom stamp: Simon Says Stamp; Geisha stamp: TCP; paper: Basic Grey (all these items have been in my stash for at least 4 years and it's the first time I've EVER used them!)

A Card:
flower and leaf stamp: Hero Arts; sentiment: PTI

I hope I inspired you to try this technique yourselves.  I'm sure you'll be happy with the easy peasy-ness as well as the results!
Be sure to linky your project up over at Technique Time Tuesday (and let 'em know I sent ya!)
I'd also like to submit this to the following blogs:
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes

Use it Tuesday: Use 2 Hoarded Items
Moxie Fab World: All that Glitters is Gold

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Liz


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO and card Lizzie :-) I love all the gold embossing with the pink ,,, so pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout and card! I love the color scheme and the gorgeous flowers! :) GREAT job!
    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzie, these projects are absolutely stunning! LOVE your examples and the inspiration is fabulous! THANK YOU so much for joining us this month at TTT--so happy to have you as our GDT! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great technique! And you're right, it makes for some stunning projects. Thanks for linking up at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous page! And so is your card! I love that you put pictures of cloisonne up! I just had the definition because I had to look it up also! LOL So glad to have you as a GDT this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous LO and you're right it is such an easy technique. I hope a few more people try it out! Great to have you along as GDT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lizzie! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizzie , I'm so happy you joined us at TTT. Your LO is wonderful and I especially love how the faux cloisonné looks on it. The flowers and leaves on your card are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love the gold on the magazine pages you selected. It really pops! I'm so glad you could join us at TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Lizzie on being the TTT guest designer this month. Your layout is beautiful and these cards you made with the Faux Cloisonné technique are stunning as well. Great job - Karen, TTT DT

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!