Thursday 19 September 2013

Busy at the Farm....the Greeting Farm ;)

Hey Everyone,

I'm back to day with some fun cards I made for a couple challenges over at the Greeting Farm: Garden Variety Tuesday: Based on a Sketch and Retro Fresh Friday: Use Autumn Colours.  I also incorporated the Challenge over at A Blog Named Hero: Game, Set, Match where you need to make a set of at least 3 cards that co-ordinate like a set.  I've never tried that before and I certainly could use some fast and fun cards these next few weeks so it was a win-win!

Here's what oozed out of my grey matter (with a little help from my hands and stuff ;))


These cards were all based off this sketch from Garden Variety Tuesday:



background stamp and sentiment: Hero Arts, image stamp: The Greeting Farm, Paper: Jilly Bean Soup, Diecut: Spellbinders, Distress Markers.

Sentiment stamp from Hero Arts, Image stamp from The Greeting Farm, paper: Jilly Bean Soup, Diecut: Spellbinders, Copic Markers

sentiment Stamp: Hero Arts; paper: Jilly Bean Soup, MME; image stamp: The Greeting Farm; flower: Prima; washi tape

I kept to a fall colour palette for each card.  The sentiments are heat embossed on vellum paper and I attemtped to colour the image using various techniques but kept the colour scheme of each image the same (i.e. red coat, green scarf and flower, brown shoes).

The last card I used washi tape to colour her scarf and jacket by taping over the entire part and then using a craft knife to cut out the shape (gently not to cut through the paper beneath!).  Since washi is translucent you can still see the image underneath.

I would like to submit this card to the Challenge over at Moxie Fab World: Handmade Cards-Stickers and Tape Challenge.

The "Find Joy" sentiments stamp set from Hero Arts, Spellbinders die and Background "Everything Flower" Hero Arts Stamp are all available at Simon Says Stamp.

I would also like to also submit these cards to the following blog:
Anyone for Anya: Like a Boss
Simon Says Stamp: Stamp-tember Blog Hop

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Liz

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely set of Cards, Love the results you achieved after adopted different coloring techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!!
    Lovely heat embossing, great you have joined ANYONE FOR ANYA this week, goodluck and sunday we are back with a new challenge, do not miss out!!
    Hugs Blankina
    DT AFA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Lizzie, a great design and I love the colour combo's and papers you have used. Gorgeous colouring and piecing of the adorable imate!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lizzie! Thanks for linking this up to the Stickers & Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!