Tuesday 1 July 2014

School's OUT!!!

Hey Blogworld!

First of all:  HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!  Darn proud to be Canadian!!!

I must admit, now that I'm home with the kidlets 24/7 summer is both a blessing and curse for me.  Having all 3 kids home at the same time all day does make for some greater challenges than having only a 3 year old for most of the day!  Tack on hot, humid icky days and it's a recipe for grumpiness!  Well, it's been 2 days and only 3 major meltdowns and 2 major fights to break up.  Not to mention a hubby (whom I've know since I was 14) who actually lost his cool (which I can honestly say I have NEVER seen him do in all the time I've known him) on a drive to the grandparents.  The kids were all talking over eachother and arguing and whining (oh the whining!!!) and he kinda just lost it and yelled (the loudest I have EVER heard him yell!!) "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"
The car passengers (myself included) immediately came to a silence and the rest of the 20 min car ride remained as such.  Hubby was quite pleased with the peace and quiet.  Oh boy!  Here's hoping all the craziness got out in these last couple days and the rest of the summer will be filled with fun and laughter!  (Finger's crossed).

ANYWAYS, it was the last week of school for both my daughters and I made their teachers a special card (with a gift card inside).  Here is the card I made for C2's second grade teacher:




C2 is really into penguins and her teacher is well aware of her taste in the Antarctic creature.  I added this little guy to remind her teacher about her.  I paper pieced his little hat in hopes to make it look less wintery and I also paper pieced the heart.

I hope she liked it!

I would like to submit these to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
Sister Act Anything Goes Card Challenge: #63
Simon Says Stamp: Work it Wednesday

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Liz

1 comment:

  1. hi Lizzie! this is a darlin card, luv the bold and fun colors, sweet image too! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!