It's been quite a week! I went away for a girls (extra-long) weekend with my sister and BFF. Our destination: LAS VEGAS!! I've never been and boy was it ever fun! The weather was ridiculously amazing! Sunny, warm and wonderful! 35C practically all week but not the sticky, sweltering 35C I get in my neck of the woods. Vegas had a comfortable and dry 35C perfect for perusing the casinos, lounging by the pool and taking in the sights! LOVE IT!
Here are a few things I learned in Vegas:
1. Dueling piano bars are the bomb!! Love love love! (Especially the one at the Rio Masquerade). Being birthday serenaded by these guys is a cool memory engraved in my mind forever!
2. Weekend Vegas is soooo different from weekday Vegas. Weekday vegas has (much) less drunk, scantily clad, ridiculously high heeled, scary people and lacking in the plethora of smarmy men and pathetic costume wearers who'll let you take their picture for money that is found in copious amount in weekend Vegas. (But then again I guess weekend Vegas is why people come?) I feel old.
3. "Alcoholic slushies" purchased at the mall LIE!!! There is NO ALCOHOL in them! I'd like to know the formula used to determine the supposed 10% alcohol level.
4. Absinthe is very very bad.
5. There is waaaaay more to Vegas than "the Strip". Love the mountains and other scenery.
6. Stairs and pedestrian bridges are a way of life.
7. Amaretto sours are my liquid courage of choice.
8. You do not have to spend more than $50 to see some really good shows on the strip! (Unless you want something with Cirque du Soleil in it then your SOL)
9. Beer with/for breakfast is typical (however, for the record I did not partake in this exercise).
10. Hanging with my ladies, Carolyn and Bev is awesome fun wherever we are!!! Love you guys!!!
I needed a few days to recover and catch up with life back at home hence the hiatus from blogging these last few days! But now I'm back and raring to go!
The folks at Avery Elle have another challenge this month. The AEI<3U challenge winner gets to be a guest designer for a month! I've been submitting every month in hopes of such an honour! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Here is my take on the very cool photo (which by the way is filled with ooodles of shades of my fave colour!)
Here is the inspiration photo:
The square pillows and colour scheme of the photo inspired this card. I added the tie around the last square as inspired from the boat anchor tie.
Thanks so much for stopping by!