Friday 26 July 2013

Avery Elle-July Challenge

Hey Blogworld,

Wow, this is my second post today!

The folks over at Avery Elle are hosting another one of their AE I<3U Challenges.  The July challenge is a photo inspiration and it conjures up 'simple and oh so trendy' in my head right now.  I knew I wanted to participate!  I love the feathers trend and I'm working hard on my CAS skills so I hope I'm getting there!  The winner of this challenge gets to be a guest designer for Avery Elle.  How awesome is that!?  Their products are so great!  They ink up really good and stamp super clear and all the other products are creativity central!  Great stuff!

Anyways,  here's what my grey matter came up with!

The sentiment stamp and the heart stamp are from Avery Elle, the feather stamps are from Hero Arts and Distress Inks were used to ink up the background.  The wood feather is from Studio Calico. 


I focused on the feather images and the colour palette for my card: blue, yellow, pink, black and grey.  The feathers were stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder over the sentiments that were previously stamped in black and grey.  Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean Distress Inks were applied with a Ranger sponge applicator.  Then I spritz and flicked the ink with pearlized water.

Here is the inspiration photo:


I'd also like to submit this to the following blog:
Sister Act Card Challenge: Anything Goes #17

Thanks so much for dropping by!
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous background! I adore the inky colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is gorgeous! I love the mix of colours and how you interpreted the photo prompt. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!