Sunday 20 November 2011

Giving Thanks!

Up here in the "great white north" we celebrated our Thanksgiving over a month ago.  But our neighbors to the south have their 4-day (!!!) weekend coming up this week and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is celebrating it with a "Thank-you" theme.  I know for me, with our thanksgiving behind us, my thoughts on being grateful focus on the Christmas Holiday season and all it's wonder and joy.  Having 3 little munchkins makes this time of year even more warm and fuzzy and blessed (despite the cold outside).  It'll be C3's first Christmas and we are all looking forward to sharing the holidays together!  Last holiday, hubby was away on business for most of the holiday which made for a less than festive time.  I'm so very much looking forward to this holiday and gaze upon it with much thanks.  Here are some projects to fit the theme.
The patterned paper I used for the base of the card is actually from an envelope in which 7 gypsies stamps I had purchased were packaged in.  I love the vintage newsprint look.  The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch.  The butterfly paper is from MME and the label die cut is from a Tim Holtz/Sissix die.
I wish I had more time to scrapbook as it happens but alas I supposed it's better late than never.  These pics are from Thanksgiving 2007 with my beautiful C1 and C2.  I made the "princesses" metal embellie myself using craft wire.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, love the layout... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I soo cant wait to see some of these when we are over :) Miss you xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!