Monday 12 December 2011

I'm a Christmas Card Making Machine!

Okay, maybe not a big machine. I know I'm not churning the cards out as fast as I'd like to but I'm definitely in a groove!  I used to have all my winter/Christmas stamps all scattered about since much of my stamps are organized by manufacturer (I have a "database" on my iPhoto where I take a picture of my stamps, put them in a "scrapbook stamps" event and attach keywords to them to help me search for them later.  I name them based on their Manufacturer name and stamp name/Title).  I realized that it's much easier get more done when I just have to go to one box where all my stamps are...sooooo I moved all my winter/Christmas stamps to one box and I just keep pulling them out and getting inspired and then letting the creative juices flow (not to mention it makes for a less cluttered desktop since I only need one box out!).  Here are a couple of my Christmas creations!  I'd also like to submit them to this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge.  Yay!
This is a Cuttlebug emobossing folder that I used the debossed side of and filled in the center snowflake with Stickles.

This is another Cuttlebug empbossing folder to which I added patterend paper to accent some of the ornaments.

Another Cuttlebug embossing folder (detecting a theme here?) and an adorable Penguin stamp from Wild Rose Studio.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie, Your card is so adorable. I really love the way you colored the penguin. Such great work with the blacks. Love the window effect with the snow falling in the background too. Great effect and great idea.
    Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with christine. You have a such a creative mind to do so. Color combination of all the cards are really beautiful.
      radio controlled helicopters

      Delete
  2. Thankyou so much for joining in our photo montage inspiration last week with Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog , hope to see you again this week
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!