Monday 5 December 2011

The Social Calendars of a 5 and 7 Year Old!

So as December kicks off, Christmas shopping in full swing, holiday planning on the mind and even some sprinkling of snow has arrived...top all that off with 5 birthday parties to attend for which my little 5 year old was invited and another 3 of which my 7 year old was invited to (Luckily 2 of the parties between C1 and C2 are the same party).  My goodness!  The social calendar of the SK and 2nd grader is busy busy!  2 of these parties have already come to pass this weekend.  So much fun for the parent to even just come and watch!  The first party was an all girl party with about 6 SK kids at a place called Creative Kids.  What a fun place!  The girls got to pick, stuff and dress their own little animal (kinda like a "Build A Bear" but wayyyyyy less crowded or stressfull (for the parent)).  My girls had a great time!  Today was a party at the local grocery store where the kids got to make their own pizza and decorate their own cake to take home.  So much fun!  My hubby and I were hoping to leave the kidlets at the party and head to the grocery store to do some shopping...but the party was so interesting I didn't want to miss out on the fun the girls were having!  With this busy weekend in mind, I made 2 cards for these parties which I hope would land me some much needed moola to splurge on myself from the Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes challenge this week!
The embossing folder is from Creative Concepts, the stamp is from Belles n Whistles, patterned paper: DCWV, Martha Stewart deep edge punch, Spellbinders scalloped circle, Copic Markers for colouring.

Sizzix embossing folder (Tim Holtz collection), gear dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, patterned paper from MME, stamp from The Greeting Farm, Copic Markers, Greeting Stamp from Inkadinkado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!