Tuesday 16 April 2013

Avery Elle - April Challenge is ON! (Part 3)

Aaaaaand I'm back!
Here is card 3 for the Avery Elle April Challenge. This time I made a shaker card using a technique I got from this week's Moxie Fabber of the week: Donna Mikasa.  Her blog has some crazy cool cards!  No wonder the distinction!  Well deserved!  The tutorial she used is from Julie Ebersole.  It's simple and quick!  Love it!
Here's a recap of the inspiration photo from Avery Elle.

I used medium sized pearls to keep the space in the shaker open so the beads and sequins could move around and do their thing!  I used washi tape to close up the shaker pocket/lantern.
Again the kraft cardstock was inspired from the rustic room of the photo.  The paper is from DCWV.  The background lantern stamps are from Hero Arts.  The sentiment stamps are from Avery Elle and the twine is from Maya Road.

I ran the plastic cover of the lantern through a paper crimper to give it that folded paper lantern texture.  I was careful not to squeeze too hard or the plastic would have opaque white crimped lines on it and the sentiment would be difficult to see behind it (speaking from experience of course!)
I'd also like to submit this to the following blogs:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog: April Showers/Spring Flowers
Sister Act Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Challenge #2

Thanks so much for dropping by!

Liz

4 comments:

  1. I love that you run the plastic through a crimper before using it! This is a great project :)
    Thank you for your interest in the Twisted Tuesday Design Team. Please contact me via email melinapylant@yahoo.com with "Twisted Tuesday DT" as the subject.
    Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a unique card. I totally love it and your take on the inspiration photo is fantastic. :) Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute! I'm visiting from MIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea to turn the framed into a shaker card lantern! So creative!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!