Friday 19 April 2013

Recyling and Things with Wings

Hey Everyone,

I've been busy doing projects and house stuff and family stuff (not to mention my birthday is this weekend and I'm hoping that's one thing I can be hands off with!) so I've got a bunch of projects that I have completed but have yet to post!  Here's one.  This one is for Anyone for Anya: Things with Wings challenge as well as the Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Challenge: Recylce/Alter Something.  What a great challenge to fall in line with the Eco Awareness that is the month of April.

I started off with this container I have (previously used for baby formula) that I stashed away thinking I could use it for something.  I actually did use it but didn't make any effort in decorating it (other than clean out the powder stuff inside).  It is my girls' "Way to Go" jar.  It's part of their chore and good deeds reward thing we have at home.  It's filled with little rewards that my girls and I brainstormed and they get to choose from this container when they've earned enough chore/good deed points.

Here is the transformation!
I'm glad this challenge motivated me to get this jar to a much more encouraging state!
I used Avery Elle Stamps for the sentiment and the hearts.  The sentiment is absolutely PERFECT for this container considering what it used for.  I used the Tape Your Stamps Technique from a Blog Named Hero for colouring the fairies wings and dress.  The embossing folder is from Lifestyle Crafts and the washi tape and tag punch are from Recollections/Michaels.  I used Copics to colour her hair and skin.


I'm happy that the happy contents of this container have a much happier looking home!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Liz

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the 3D-ness of everything. :) Thanks for playing with us in the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe this is Adorable! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back Monday for a new challenge!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute project! Thanks for joining our challenge at The Greeting Farm.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!