Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Birthday Revisited (Part 1)-Moxie Fab Inspiration

Hey Everyone,

I'm back on the birthday bandwagon again today.  What can I say.  April is also another birthday filled month (yours truly included!)  Dare I say I was actually named after Queen Elizabeth herself as we share the same birthday.  Had it not been for a radio in the hospital room where my mom was after giving birth to me.  The DJ was wishing the Queen happy birthday and thus inspired my parents.  I might have been named Glenda or Stephanie otherwise.  Although, admittedly, I'm more of a Liz or Lizzie.  Short and sweet.  I imagine Elizabeths to be tall and sophisticated...so not me.  :/

Over at Moxie Fab World there is a Trigger Tuesday Challenge that popped up that added to the choice in papers for this card.  Here is the trigger:
These are magnolias.  We have a shrub of these in our backyard.  Gorgeous...but only for a few days and then a really big mess on the patio :(.  These pink flowers had me searching for pink flowered paper and then I came across this brighter pink patterned paper that I think fits with the image.  A fashionista kind of colour.  Loving how it came together.

The outline image is from Stamping Bella coloured with Copics.  I masked her and used a Hero Arts Friendship stamp for the background.  Stickles were used for the glittery goodness and the patterned papers are from DCWV.
I would like to submit this to the following challenges/blogs:
Moxie Fab World: Trigger Tuesday
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog: Happy Birthday
2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Anything Goes


Thanks for dropping by.  Please be sure to stop by my next post too for another birthday card!

Liz

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours, design and attention to detail. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she snazzy! Great design, Lizzie, thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lizzie :-) the image is adorable and all the details are fabulous :-)

    Congratulations ! you have won a stamps and dies prize on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is marvelous, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are #2 and #212.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lizzie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!