Tuesday 9 April 2013

Birthday Revisited (Part 1)-Moxie Fab Inspiration

Hey Everyone,

I'm back on the birthday bandwagon again today.  What can I say.  April is also another birthday filled month (yours truly included!)  Dare I say I was actually named after Queen Elizabeth herself as we share the same birthday.  Had it not been for a radio in the hospital room where my mom was after giving birth to me.  The DJ was wishing the Queen happy birthday and thus inspired my parents.  I might have been named Glenda or Stephanie otherwise.  Although, admittedly, I'm more of a Liz or Lizzie.  Short and sweet.  I imagine Elizabeths to be tall and sophisticated...so not me.  :/

Over at Moxie Fab World there is a Trigger Tuesday Challenge that popped up that added to the choice in papers for this card.  Here is the trigger:
These are magnolias.  We have a shrub of these in our backyard.  Gorgeous...but only for a few days and then a really big mess on the patio :(.  These pink flowers had me searching for pink flowered paper and then I came across this brighter pink patterned paper that I think fits with the image.  A fashionista kind of colour.  Loving how it came together.

The outline image is from Stamping Bella coloured with Copics.  I masked her and used a Hero Arts Friendship stamp for the background.  Stickles were used for the glittery goodness and the patterned papers are from DCWV.
I would like to submit this to the following challenges/blogs:
Moxie Fab World: Trigger Tuesday
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog: Happy Birthday
2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Anything Goes


Thanks for dropping by.  Please be sure to stop by my next post too for another birthday card!

Liz

6 comments:

  1. Isn't she snazzy! Great design, Lizzie, thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lizzie :-) the image is adorable and all the details are fabulous :-)

    Congratulations ! you have won a stamps and dies prize on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is marvelous, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lizzie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!