Thursday 31 January 2013

Clean and Simple 2 Online Card Class: Day 2-Card 2/3

Here is take 2 on a single layer card.  I couldn't get over the plain white space that Jennifer had in her class example.  Hers looked so finished but for some reason mine felt like it was lacking something.  So...keeping with the single layer I added texture using some embossing folders.  I really liked the water colour wash effect.  The first card I used water colour crayons to colour/trace the stamp from Paper Smooches and used water laced with Perfect pearls to wash it out and give a little bling.
 For my second attempt I stamped the sentiment in Ranger's Archival ink and then used Distress Markers to trace the letters and again used water laced with Perfect Pearls to wash out the colour.  Not as 'messy' of a watercolour wash but I was surprised at how little the markers washed when water was applied.  Again I couldn't get past all the negative space so I felt the need to add some dry embossing.
Since Simon Says Stamp challenge is having an anything goes theme this week, I'd like to enter these cards over there and hopefully get some swag!
Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!