Sunday 27 January 2013

DT Submission and a Paper Piecing Project (Part 2)

The folks over at Technique Time Tuesday are having a design team search!  Yahoo!
 Add the badge!
I was soooo excited to have stumbled upon this blog (and this DT call).  With my science background, I am all about the technical stuff and thus this technique blog is right up my alley.  I LOVE LOVE learning new techniques and seeing where the new ammo in my crafty tool belt will take me!  The DT call requires a submission using one of the mentioned techniques from their DT call post (see here).  I tried all the given techniques: Stamped Window Punch, Velveteen Stamping, Cascading Card, Baby Wipe Re-inker Card, Faux Leather Masking Tape, Bargello, 3D Punch Elements and Faux Tile.  All these techniques are really cool and the results and possibilities are gorgeous and unlimited!  I was quite impressed with what I came up with and am definately looking forward to learning more!  Here is what I did using the 3D punch elements technique.
The inside of the card says, "...the best love story ever told." since I was thinking of Valentine's day and my hubby.  But I imagine it could also say, "...the best tale of friendship ever." and it could be given to a friend.  I paper pieced the dress on the little girl which is a Graphic 45 Primer 1 stamp set.  The ruler comes from the same set.  The book and pages were die cut from a Spellbinders die Labels 7 and the text was stamped using a Hero Arts Background stamp-Happy Definition.  The notepad paper stamp is from an old See-D's stamp set.  I love the effect the 3D punch has on bringing the book alive in this card.  I would like to submit it for the Technique Time Tuesday DT call as well as this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog-Paper Piecing.  Wishing lucky opportunity vibes from both!

5 comments:

  1. Lizzie I just love your 3D technique. I am a bookworm and always love to see book related cards! Your paper piecing is just gorgeous! Thank you for joining our DT call at Technique Time Tuesday. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love your 3D book! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH so sweet and cute!!! LOVE the 3D book and I adore the vintage feel of your project! Thanks for joining our DT call at TTT--good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley Adorable! Love that sweet image and the 3-D book with the twine! Beautiful creation! Thank you so much for joining our DT Call at Technique Time Tuesday!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and create! Thank you so much for joining our DT call at TTT! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!