Wednesday 9 January 2013

Black/White+Colour Splash!

Hello Everyone,
I wasted no time in getting this together for this weeks Simon Says Stamp weekly Challenge.  This weeks challenge is Black/White + Splash of Colour.  Great idea!  I was putting away my Christmas stash for the year (or at least until I manage to whip up a Christmas Layout or 2 for this past holiday) when I was inspired by this challenge. 

The silhouette stamp is from Hero Arts and the snowflake stamps are from Martha Stewart.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the base of the card and a Simon Says Stamp Die/Stamp Set for the sentiment and banner.  The colourled background is made from Tim Holtz Distress Inks (dusty concord, faded jeans and festive berries).  You can't really tell from the picture, but I blended the inks using pearlized water so it actually has a really neat shimmer to it.
Since it fits the bill for the challenge at A Blog named Hero: New Year, New You.  I'm going to enter it in that challenge as well.  The 'new' is the buildings silhouette stamp, the Simon Says stamp Die/Stamp set and the Martha Stewart Snowflakes stamps.

Thanks for stopping by!
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Super fun card, love your ombre effect.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, the scene with the snowflakes is gorgeous

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUst GOrgeous! I LOve your scene and colours too.
    Chrissyxx
    Don't be putting your Christmas stash away lol...
    Keep making them....I do x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the white background! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!