Monday 28 January 2013

Technique Time Tuesday DT...(Eager Beaver)

I'm not sure if there is a limit to the submissions I can make for this DT call but I figured, since I tried the cool techniques anyway...I may as well share them!  The next few are based on the Bargello technique over at Technique Time Tuesday.  I used some My Mind's Eye "Boy" Papers to create the collage-like grid of patterned paper.  Very cool effect.  Using the same Bargello set-up I created 3 different cards.  The first one I used a Tim Holtz die to cut out the label and used rub-on letters for the sentiment.  Hero Arts text and flourish stamps round out the background.
 For this card I used an Autumn Leaves sentiment stamp and some Prima paper flowers.  The background has some dry embossing using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I also used a Martha Stewart border punch.

 This last card uses another Autumn Leaves sentiment as well as a decorative frame punch from EK Success and a Hero Arts flourish background stamp to pull it all together.

  I also combined a couple other techniques found in the Technique Time Tuesday blog in the next card: Stamped Window Punch and Velveteen Stamping.  These were really neat techniques as well and I'm really pleased with the results.

I used a "Lotus" background stamp from Hero Arts that was stamped in white on white cardstock.  The flowers were stamped using a Hero Arts set as well as an Inkadinkado set (which was also used for the green vines).  I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the window.  The sentiment is also a Hero Arts stamp as is the newsprint background on the base of the card.  Cool techniques!  

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome makes!!! Love all of them!!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER gorgeous creations!!! And I seriously am loving your vintage style! Thanks for joining our DT call at TTT--good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are absolutley Beautiful creations!! Love the colors and designs! Thank you so much for joining our DT Call at Technique Time Tuesday!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you took some time to drop by! Please leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you! Thanks sooooo much!